Features new parts including alloy wheels and side spoilers for a sportier external appearance; qualifies for 50 percent eco-car tax reductions
HIROSHIMA, Japan—As part of celebrations marking its 90th anniversary, Mazda Motor Corporation today launched a special edition Axela Sport (known overseas as the Mazda3 hatchback) outfitted with performance accessories. The Mazda Axela Sport 1.5 S Style goes on sale today at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Mazda Autozam dealerships throughout Japan.
The 1.5 S Style is based on the 1.5-liter Axela Sport and qualifies for Japan’s eco-car incentive program and 50 percent tax reductions under the government’s tax reduction program. New features include 15- or 16-inch alloy wheels, side spoilers, LED rear combination lights and dark tinted glass.
The version with 16-inch wheels also boasts attractive features such as discharge headlights, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a 4.1-inch multi-information display. The color liquid crystal screen displays information for the audio, climate control, trip computer and other systems.
This 90th anniversary commemorative special edition Axela offers outstanding eco-friendly and safety features as well as Mazda’s hallmark fun-to-drive dynamic performance.
90th Anniversary Special Edition Mazda Axela Sport 1.5 S Style
Main features of the 90th Anniversary Special Edition Mazda Axela Sport 1.5 S Style
- Base models
- Mazda Axela Sport 15C
- Special features
- 15-inch (195/65R15) or 16-inch (205/55R16) alloy wheels
- Special features on both model grades
- Side spoilers
- LED rear combinations lights
- Dark tinted glass (rear door and rear quarter panel windows, rear liftgate glass)
- Special features on models with 16-inch alloy wheels
- Bi-xenon discharge headlights (with high- and low-beam auto leveling function)
- Multi-information display (4.1-inch color liquid crystal display)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped shift knob
Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices of the Mazda Axela Sports 1.5 S Style
(*model in the attached photo)
|With Tax||Without tax|
- - A separate recycling fee of 13,190 yen is necessary in addition to the manufacturer’s suggested retail prices listed above.
|Mazda’s 90th Anniversary Web Site: