- Stylish model with Power Retractable Hard Top, alloy wheels and other parts in exclusive colors -
Mazda Motor Corporation has released the Mazda Roadster BLACK TUNED, a special edition version of its iconic lightweight, two-seat, open-top sports car for the Japanese market. The special edition Roadster (known overseas as the Mazda MX-5) goes on sale today at all Mazda and Mazda Anfini dealerships nationwide.
The Mazda Roadster originally launched in 1989 and is currently sold in approximately 60 countries around the world. Total production stands at over 900,000 units and the Roadster is officially certified by Guinness World Records as the world's "Best selling two-seater sports car".
The special edition BLACK TUNED Roadster is based on the premium 'RS RHT' and 'VS RHT' model grades that feature Mazda's groundbreaking power retractable hard top (RHT). The BLACK TUNED theme is reflected in stylish special features including a Brilliant Black roof and door mirrors, and Gun Metallic 17-inch alloy wheels. Interior quality is also enhanced, with the seats and steering wheel covered in black leather with sand-colored stitching.
Three external body colors are available, including two exclusive colors – Spirited Green Metallic and Velocity Red Mica – and the popular Crystal White Pearl Mica.
Main features of the special edition Mazda Roadster BLACK TUNED
- Base models
- Mazda Roadster RS RHT with 2.0-liter DOHC engine and six-speed manual transmission, and Mazda Roadster VS RHT with 2.0-liter DOHC engine and six-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission.
- Special equipment
- Power Retractable Hard Top (Brilliant Black)
- 17-inch alloy wheels (Gun Metallic)
- Front grille garnish (Brilliant Black)
- Door mirrors (Brilliant Black)
- Rear roll bar garnish (Brilliant Black)
- Black leather seats (with sand-colored stitching)
- Black door trim (with sand-colored stitching)
- Decoration panel (piano black)
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel (with sand-colored stitching and piano black switch bezels)
- Leather-wrapped parking brake lever (with sand-colored stitching)
- Front fog lights (clear) and fog light bezels (black)
- Outer door handles (body-colored)
- Bose® sound system (AUDIOPILOT™2) and seven speakers (no head unit)
- Leather-wrapped shift knob (with chrome ring) *1
- Soft pads on the side door trim arm rests (synthetic leather) *2
- Soft pad on the center console lid (synthetic leather) *2
- Seat heaters (with five temperature settings) *2
- Front suspension tower bar (built into the cowl) *3
- Factory-installed option
- Six-disc CD changer with AM/FM radio/MP3/WMA*4 player and AUX jack
- Exterior body colors
- There is a choice of three exterior body colors: Spirited Green Metallic (exclusive), Velocity Red Mica (exclusive) and Crystal Pearl White Mica (special body color).
- *1 Special equipment on the RS RHT model only
- *2 Special equipment on the RS RHT model only (standard equipment on the base VS RHT model)
- *3 Special equipment on the VS RHT model only (standard equipment on the base RS RHT model)
- *4 WMA: Windows Media Audio. Windows Media is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation
Manufacturer's suggested retail prices
|Model name||Engine||Drive||Transmission||Price (yen)|
|With tax||Without tax|
|BLACK TUNED||2000 DOHC||RWD||6-speed manual||3,050,000
~ € 29.600,=
- A separate recycling fee of 10,910 yen is necessary in addition to the prices listed above.
- If the special body color Crystal White Pearl Mica is selected, the price increases by 31,500 yen (with tax).
- If the factory-installed option is selected, the price increases by 52,500 yen (with tax).
For further information about special edition Mazda Roadsters, please visit: